February 28, 2014

"Healthy" Peanut Butter Cookies


Hi! My name is Shayla and I am addicted to sugar. I know I'm not the only that struggles with this and I have decided I can overcome it! Solution...healthy alternatives. Sort of. I'm starting slow and hoping to become good a substituting. We'll see how it goes. 
Here is my first attempt....peanut butter cookies. I have been craving cookies-more specifically cookie dough-a lot this week. A co-worker of  mine told me of a clean chocolate chip recipe she tried so I decided to try my hand at creating a somewhat "clean" cookie recipe. I'm not 100% sure of what it takes for a recipe to be clean but hopefully this counts.

1 c. peanut butter
1 egg
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 c. honey
1 1/4 c. oat flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix peanut butter, egg, butter and honey until smooth. Add remaining remaining ingredients and mix until well blended. Scoop onto a cookie sheet. Using a fork create a criss-cross pattern and bake for 8-10 minutes. 


Makes about 32 cookies.

**for the oat flour I just used my magic bullet and old fashioned oats...worked great! 


Linking to these fabulous parties:
Creative Capital B

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...